Today we released MODX Revolution 2.2.5. We’ve made many, many improvements since the 2.2.4 release in June—well over 150 commits. Fixes and improvements of note include improved Media Source function, Caching enhancements and a handling to prevent blank pages occuring on some older hosting environments. And, we finally updated the MODX logo in the Manager.
Here are the highlights of the 2.2.5 release:
- Media Source fixes with Elements and Static Elements
- Corrected Media Source errors with modParser->getElement()
- Corrected Media Source errors with static element paths
- Optimized cache refresh query, big boost for sites with large Contexts, on MySQL 5.1 or earlier as well as addition cache fixes.
- Added support for environments not supporting flock causing blank pages due to corrupted cache files
- Corrected various Resource editing bugs related to changing template
- ResourceGroup restricted TV’s losing value when edited by users w/o access
- Form Customization rules now applied when changing Template
- Changing Template no longer unsets Empty Cache for Resource
- For more details read the complete changelog
We would like to extend sincerest thanks to the individual members of the MODX community who contributed code to this release: danyaPostfactum, Evengard, rtripault, bertoost, eprochasson and myfreeweb. Feel free to give them props or buy them a beer. In addition we’d like to thank the members of the community that provided updates for local languages.
If you’re using MODX Revolution and have not upgraded to 2.2, it has been one of biggest releases to date. With the Manager interface refinements, other additions including Media Sources and the release of the Articles add-on, now is the time to upgrade to this latest version. For details on the major features read the complete MODX Revolution 2.2 announcement for more details.
We encourage you to try out MODX Revolution 2.2 and share your experiences with others. Here are the important links to get you on your way:
- Download Revolution 2.2.5
- What’s required to run Revolution 2.2
- How to install MODX Revolution
- Before upgrading please read the 2.2 Upgrade Notes
- How to upgrade MODX Revolution
- Read the MODX Revolution Documentation
If you’re currently part of the MODX Cloud Beta, Revolution 2.2.5 is, of course, available for you to one-click upgrade or for new Clouds. If you’re not in the MODX Cloud beta, you can sign up today.
MODX is only as good as it is because of many individual community members and users that take the time to report issues and request new features. Make sure you read the documentation, post feedback and share your successes in the MODX community forums.
On behalf of the entire MODX Team,