Today we released MODX Revolution 2.2.6—just 8 weeks after 2.2.5 was released. This more frequent and consistent release cycle is to bring you fixes and improvements sooner and more predictably.
Changes of note in Revolution 2.2.6 include ensuring Resource values update when Template is changed and another that corrects a crash saving a Resource where its Template Variable has restricted permissions.
As always, this release also includes a few security fixes to keep your MODX sites safe. We always recommend upgrading to the latest version of Revolution.
Here are the highlights of the 2.2.6 release:
- Corrected changing Template on Resources
- Resolved Save crash with Template Varibles that have restricted permissions.
- Optimized images in the Manager UI for performance boost.
- Fixed window closing when using MODX Browser when Manager Loaded in new browser tab.
- Removed the math Output Filter
- Prevent new Content Types from having Binary Checked
- Fix modX::stripTags() to close vulnerability
- Form Customization rules now applied when changing Template
- Changing Template no longer unsets Empty Cache for Resource
- For more details read the complete changelog
We encourage you to try out MODX Revolution 2.2 and share your experiences with others. Here are the important links to get you on your way:
- Download Revolution 2.2.6
- What’s required to run Revolution 2.2
- How to install MODX Revolution
- Before upgrading please read the 2.2 Upgrade Notes
- How to upgrade MODX Revolution
- Read the MODX Revolution Documentation
If you are using MODX Cloud, Revolution 2.2.6 is, of course, available for you to one-click upgrade or for you to create new Clouds. If you’re not using MODX Cloud you can try it free for 15 days.
MODX is only as good as it is because of many individual community members and users that take the time to report issues and request new features. Make sure you read the documentation, post feedback and share your successes in the MODX community forums.
On behalf of the entire MODX Team,