We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 10 Posts
    After spending many hours banging my head against the desk and starting to see weird lights in the corner of my eyes and find ponies attractive..

it seems to be up.

with one exception - the error "Cannot open file (../assets/cache/siteCache.idx.php)"

no matter how much super special magic access I give every single user on my server - this still err’s. Initially I couldn’t even SAVE the config because of this file - so manually deleted the file.

it now doesn’t seem to want to re-create it, however.
    • You’ll need to run the install in upgrade mode if you deleted that file. It is only written by the install process OR when you clear the cache (which assumes it already exists so you can load the manager).
        • 10 Posts
        once I deleted that file it then let me update stuff - so I need to ’upgrade’ to get it back?

no matter how I setup permissions on it, it just doesn’t let me write to it! sad
          • 10 Posts
          ah no just slipped another one in.

it’s amazing how many different system users need write permissions on files in this system! smiley

000_anon
          network_service
          wpg_user
          • Hi Corcoran

Did you manage to fix the permissions issue and get MODx up and running?

Aaron
              http://www.onesmarthost.co.uk
              UK MODX Hosting with love.
              • 10 Posts
              yeah think so; cheers smiley

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.