Today we released MODX Revolution 2.2.7. It's a jam-packed patch release that includes more than 170 fixes and improvements over 2.2.6. Wowza!
Revo 2.2.7 includes a new setting (cache_alias_map) to turn off the mapping which caches URLs. This change enables sites with high numbers of resources to perform significantly better. With the new setting left on (business as usual), a site with 100k Resources might consume more than 130Mb of memory on each request; switch it off, and it only uses 24Mb. Additionally, there are many improvements to the user experience and interface in general, along with several other performance enhancements.
We would like to give special thanks to the contributors who helped make this release possible: rtripault, danyaPostfactum, hansek, grachov, AgelXNash, TheBoxer, aaronwardle, enigmatic-user, tillilab, Mark-H and netProphET.
This release does include security fixes. We always recommend upgrading to the latest version of Revolution to keep your MODX sites safe.
Here are the highlights of the 2.2.7 release:
- New index improves performance related to Template Variables and large datasets.
- Added support for HttpOnly session cookies for PHP 5.2+ (Security improvement)
- Various bug fixes with auto publishing and server_offset_time
- Massive scalability improvement for sites with 1000s of Resources by making the aliasMap optional
- Allow Elements to be duplicated from the Edit View
- A great number of manager UX and code improvements
- For more details read the complete changelog
Here's what you need to get started or upgrade to MODX Revoluton 2.2.7:
- Download Revolution 2.2.7
- What's required to run Revolution 2.2
- How to install MODX Revolution
- How to upgrade MODX Revolution
- Read the MODX Revolution Documentation
- Get help with your Upgrade to Revolution 2.2.7 from a MODX Professional
MODX is only as good as it is because of many individual community members and users that take the time to report issues and request new features. Make sure you read the documentation, post feedback and share your successes in the MODX community forums.
On behalf of the entire MODX Team,