Today we released MODX Evolution 1.0.10. This is the second release from the Ambassador-led Evolution team that brought you Evo 1.0.9 just 4 weeks ago. It is another fix-filled patch release that includes more than 70 fixes and improvements.
Again, we wish to express our thanks to the MODX Ambassadors who have stepped in as project leaders for MODX Evolution: Dmytro Lukianenko (Dmi3yy), Mansori Yamamato (yama), and Thomas Jakobi (jako).
We’d also like to thank all the individuals who took the time to report issues and contributed to this release—huge apologies if we overlooked anyone! Thank you to: a-sharapov, antonkuzmin, burikella, coroico, cycler, dmi3yy, esszett2, fourroses666, jako, ncrossland, netprophet, noahlearner, randall, segr, sottwell, timgs, tonatos, undermine99, uxello, wolodin and yama.
Due to an important security fix and the new compatibility for PHP 5.4 we strongly encourage all MODX Evolution users to upgrade to 1.0.10.If you need help with your MODX Evolution upgrade, a MODX Professional can surely make it happen.
Here are the highlights of the Evo 1.0.10 release:
- Added PHP error detection
- Added SEO Strict URLs functionality to MODX Parser
- Added indicator for Template Variables with inherited values
- Improved Manager theme customization
- TransAlias for files for sure
- Check falsification of system files to detect possible site hacks
- Closed Local File Inclusion (LFI) vulnerability
- For more details read the complete changelog
Here are the important links to get you on your way:
- Download Evolution 1.0.10
- What's required to run Evolution 1.0.10
- How to upgrade MODX Evolution
- Read the MODX Evolution Documentation
- How to install MODX Evolution
MODX is only as good as it is because of many individual community members and users that take the time to report issues and request new features. Make sure you read the documentation, post feedback and share your successes in the MODX community forums.
On behalf of the entire MODX Team,