Revolution 2.2.15 was released today. This patch release addresses a critical security issue related to the Manager login and logins using the Login snippet. In addition, there were several other minor security issues and bugfixes.
This is release includes critical security enhancements and should be considered a mandatory upgrade.
Upgrading Is Critical
We can't stress enough about the importance of diligently upgrading to the latest version of MODX. While no software is 100% secure, staying on the most current version protects you from hackers that rely on exploiting outdated unpatched software. If you're not sure what version of MODX Revolution you're running, login to your website Manager and go to Reports>System Info, and you should see it in the top section.
Highlights of 2.2.15
Here are some of the highlights of 2.2.15:
- Fixed Manager login/Login security issue
- Fixed incorrect sorting by rank in TV grid on template create/update screen
- Fixed two display issues with the Element Tree related to Categories
- Fixed to validation of Element Names
- For a complete list of changes view the changelog.
Thanks to the Contributors
Lets give thanks to those whose code was integrated in this release: danyaPostfactum, Daniel Melo, enigmatic-user, JP Devries (jpdevries), John Peca (TheBoxer), Jason Coward (opengeek), Garry Nutting (garryn), exside, Jiri Pavlicek (jiripavlicek), Mark Hamstra (Mark-H), Luk (exside), Petri Rautianen the-dunnock, and Romain Tripault (rtripault)
Get Started with 2.2.15
Here's what you need to get started or upgrade to MODX Revolution 2.2.15:
- Download Revolution 2.2.15
- What's required to run Revolution 2.2
- How to install MODX Revolution
- How to upgrade MODX Revolution
- Read the MODX Revolution Documentation
It Takes a Village
MODX is only as good as it is because of many individual community members and users that take the time to report issues and request new features. Make sure you read the documentation, post feedback and share your successes in the MODX community forums.
On behalf of the entire MODX Team,