I’ve been using Vim for about 2 years now, mostly because I can’t figure out how to exit it.— I Am Devloper (@iamdevloper) February 17, 2014
Yes, it’s been some time since our last MODX Cloud update (we have stopped writing these in Vim) but we’ve been very busy improving the underlying technology in Cloud. Some what’s new in Cloud include implementing SPDY, updating MODX, the server stack, and now you can download backups and Snapshots in one click.
Here are the highlights of changes in the recent months:
- Latest versions of MODX Revolution, 2.3.3 and 2.2.16
- System updates to:
- PHP (5.4.34)
- Nginx (1.6.2)
- MySQL (Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.6.23-72.1, for Linux)
- Added nano command line editor so you no longer need to use vim
- Maintenance and security updates including patches againsr major security vulnerabilities including GHOST and Heartbleed
- New: download Snapshots and Backups in one click (more on this very soon)
- Added SPDY to the MODX Cloud Dashboard for dramatically improved performance
- Customers running SSL can enable SPDY (upon request) to their Clouds
- Continued improvements to the MODX Cloud User Guide
- Streamlined and dramatically simpler sign-up form for new users—if you’re referring customers or colleagues this is a big deal
Speaking of Referrals…
By design, MODX Cloud serves a specific purpose as a MODX-focused hosting platform loved by site builders and end users alike. End users find it refreshing to own their own content updates without having to get IT involved—if you’ve ever been in a larger organization you probably have experienced something similar.
However, site builders and agencies have told us they really missed the reseller plans offered by many web hosts. We listened, and starting today, we’re accepting applications for the pilot launch of our referral program with revenue sharing for MODX Cloud. See the application page and let us know what you think.
Stay tuned over the next days and weeks to hear about great changes to make MODX Cloud better for you and your customers.