The latest release of MODX Revolution is a minor version upgrade to 2.4.0. Patches to 2.3.6 are included, along with over 70 improvements.
Highlights are listed below, but check out the changelog for the play-by-play.
- Package Dependencies! Developers can now specify dependencies for their MODX Extras. This is a way bigger deal than I can describe in this post. There’s never been a more exciting time to develop for your favorite platform :D
- Some improvements have been made to the accessibility of the Manager UI. We’ve got a ways to go yet, but this version sets the stage better than any previous version.
- Heroic and necessary steps were taken towards making MODX fully testable, thanks to @markwillis82.
- Everyone loves performance optimization, and new database indexes in 2.4 deliver the warm fuzzies.
- Better UX, stability, security and overall goodness abound.
- Again, for the full (and rather long) list, read this.
Important: 2.3.6 contains a security patch and is considered a mandatory update. 2.4.0 contains all patches from 2.3.6, and also closes the security issue.
Let’s take the time to thank the individual contributors to this release (in no particular order):
We cannot stress how important it is to run the most current version of MODX. We are always improving security. Upgrade regularly to reduce the chance of your site getting hacked. If you need help upgrading your MODX site, let us know.
Here’s what you need to get started or upgrade to MODX Revolution 2.4:
- Download Revolution 2.4
- What’s required to run Revolution 2.3.x
- How to install MODX Revolution
- How to upgrade MODX Revolution
- Read the MODX Revolution Documentation
MODX is only as good as it is because of many individual community members and users that take the time to report issues and request new features. Make sure you read the documentation, post feedback and share your successes in the MODX community forums.
On behalf of the entire MODX Team,