Published on September 21, 2015
We are constantly working to improve both as an organization and to provide a tool that better fits our customers’ needs. Both building, and building in, MODX Cloud is a blast—and it already incorporates hundreds of users’ ideas.
But before today, getting insight into what’s going on usually meant cornering the team in Skype or Slack. Not anymore!
You can visit the MODX Cloud Roadmap Trello board now, vote on cards and make suggestions. We can’t promise to do everything suggested, and the Roadmap is not an all encompassing list of everything we’re working on, but it hopefully provides a 10,000-foot view of the future and current work.
We hope to see some great ideas come out of this that we haven’t considered. For most cards, click on them to comment, vote and get more details. Here’s how it works and is organized (borrowed from the first card).
Voting for Features
To show your support for an item, vote and comment—you’ll need a Trello account to do so, but they’re free. To suggest something that’s not here, comment on this Features & Suggestions card in this column. We can’t promise we’ll do all suggestions, or even all the things in the Idea column, but we do promise to give them careful consideration.
If we turn a suggestion into a Roadmap item, chances are it will get removed from this column to keep things organized.
- Suggestion Box: unsorted bucket of ideas and user requests … not all will be done
- Up next: things we’re going to work on next
- In progress: things we’re working on right now
- Shipped: things we have released
- Shelved: things that can’t be done, with reasons in the Card description (click the card for details)
Label colors should indicate the current status of a card in our roadmap. We haven't decided on them but when we do we'll put them here. Some thoughts.
- Yellow: Bugs or Known Issues
- Red: Stalled/On-hold
- Green: New Account Upgrade or Feature
- Blue: New Instance Upgrade or Feature
Feedback & Help
If you’re looking for basic information on how MODX Cloud works, we're constantly updating our User Guide.
If you're a MODX Cloud Customer and you need help with something, open a ticket from the Help link located in the Dashboard. We'll get back to you pronto.
But Wait There’s More…
Other noteworthy updates include:
- Replaced Siphon with Teleport. This provides more functionality for developers using it from the command line, and paves the way for an even more awesome future in the Dashboard.
Go check out the MODX Cloud Roadmap, and you tell us what you’d like to see! We look forward to your thoughts.
I’d like to thank Trello for making such an incredible tool that has helped us streamline MODX Cloud internally, and now externally, too. I can’t recommend their product highly enough. Thank you!