A new feature release of MODX Revolution is coming soon and we've published the second release candidate for MODX Revolution 2.5, today.
What's New in Revolution 2.5
This new release of MODX Revolution includes a number of excellent new features including:
- PHP7 compatibility (it's coming soon to a server near you)
- Much more mobile-friendly Manager as a stepping stone towards a new manager in the future.
- Custom Manager Pages (the views for applications built into MODX) are now much easier to build using HTML and MODX Tags. Thanks to Romain Tripault and Susan Ottwell for this example of the new Custom Manager Pages in 2.5.
- Accessibility improvements worked into the core Manager experience including screen reader and keyboard navigation on the Login screen.
- Significant improvement to the parser which could potentially improve pre-caching performance by 15%;
- New installs get a new look. Instead of the empty blank page in previous versions you now get a nice intro page with some important links so new users can more easily get started.
Contributors on this Release
Let’s take the time to thank the individual contributors to this release (in no particular order):Jan Peca, Jason Coward, Thomas Jakobi, Ronald Exterkate, Mike Reid, inreti, Zaigham Rana, Jan Tezner, Elizabeth, Romain, argnist, Anton Pastukhoff, Илья Уткин, Gildas NOEL, Ivan Klimchuk, JP DeVries, Kirill, Mark Hamstra, Mat Dave Jones, Nikolay Lanets, Sergey Shlokov, and Vasily Naumkin, along with many other contributors who log & triage issues, review PRs, and commit code. The MODX Community is Amazing.
Ready, Set, Test Revo 2.5
In order for a successful release of 2.5 we need people to test these release candidates on their projects, of course, do keep in mind there will be bugs—that's what we're looking to find. Here’s what you need to get started or upgrade to MODX Revolution 2.5-RC2:
- Download Revolution 2.5
- What’s required to run Revolution 2.5.x
- How to install MODX Revolution
- How to upgrade MODX Revolution on your site
- Read the MODX Revolution Documentation
It Takes a Global Village
MODX is only as good as it is because of the many individual community members and users, from around the world, who take the time to report issues, request new features, and submit code to the project. Make sure you read the documentation,post feedback and share your experiences in the MODX community forums.
On behalf of the entire MODX Team,
We thank you!