The first patch release of MODX Revolution 2.5, 2.5.1 is now available. There are mostly small changes but of note are fixes to the Amazon S3 Media Sources and S3 Buckets with dots (
.) in the name and their image previews in the file tree. There were also two, minor potential security issues resolved. If you missed it, why not read the complete Revo 2.5 announcement.
Highlights from the changelog:
- Fix problem with S3 bucket names containing dot characters
- Correctly display image preview in file tree for S3 media sources.
- Use sans-serif font for TV textareas
- Ensure Uberbar search results respect ACLs (user permissions/access)
- Add missing viewport meta tag needed to correctly enable responsive MODX Manager and Manager login screen
- E-Mail validation now supports domain extensions (gTLDs) with more than 6 characters
- Two security fixes to prevent reflected XSS and closing SQL injection.
Important Note for TinyMCE Users
We have found an issue with the widely used TinyMCE Extra (the word processor-like toolbar for MODX Resources) where you cannot load Resources after Upgrading. TinyMCE by splittingred is no longer actively maintained and we recommend choosing one of the other TinyMCE Extras for 2.5.1+. There is a one-line patch available if you want to continue using TinyMCE.