2020 continues to be an exciting year for MODX Cloud. Today we’re happy to announce a new Cloud Upgrade, changes to plans, and more.
Uptime+ keeps your site online even during regional network disruptions, a complete data center is taken out in a natural disaster, performance degradation occurs, or when more mundane things like maintenance requiring a reboot needs to happen.
This works by automatically shifting traffic to a nightly clone of your site in another region when health checks determine there is an outage or performance degradation. It also alerts our support team for proactive resolution. Performance+ helps ensure people can visit your site even when it would otherwise be down.
As mentioned in a previous update, we will remove the now-unsupported PHP 7.1 from MODX Cloud, migrating all customers using 7.1 to 7.2. This change is scheduled to occur on or after April 20, 2020.
In addition, new Cloud instances are now created with PHP 7.3 (previously 7.1).
Finally, PHP 7.4, originally planned for a February release in Cloud will be deferred until later due to required dependency updates. We’re actively working on the steps to get us there which will also introduce some useful new features in MODX Cloud. We can’t wait.
New, Simpler Plans
To make it easier for customers to choose a plan and understand pricing, we’ve streamlined them: Base, Team, and Business. If you’re on one of our previous plans, there’s no need to changed and you can keep your current plan as long as you wish. If one of our new plans works better for you, you’re welcome to change, too.
Help Us Improve MODX and MODX Cloud
We’d really love to hear about how you’re using MODX and MODX Cloud and understand what we’re doing well and not so well. We’ve developed a survey, that should take about 10 minutes—unless you have lots to share.
We hope the survey will accomplish three key things:
- Help us better describe the benefits of MODX and MODX Cloud to newcomers or people evaluating it in plain, non-expert language,
- Get feedback on key features that are missing or need improvement, and
- Understand the types of organizations that currently use MODX and MODX Cloud and how they do so.
Your feedback is really important in helping shape the future of MODX. Thanks in advance for taking a few minutes to share your thoughts.
- We’re currently updating to ACME v2 protocol for issuing and renewing SSL certificates
- Performance and reliability improvements for queued operations in MODX Cloud
- DNS Management in MODX Cloud to simplify hosting and enable even more possibilities with MODX Cloud
- MODX Revolution 3.0 alpha is available in Cloud, and alpha3 will be available as soon as it’s released in the near future. MODX developers and site builders can start working with and testing it out in their favorite environment.
- Secure connection protocol TLS 1.3 added and TLS 1.1 removed to stay abreast of security standards.
We look forward to future updates and bringing you additional features to help you run your sites faster and better than ever before.