Your CMS is not an Island
Businesses today rely on a variety of digital tools to conduct business: Websites, CRM, Finance, Analytics, Marketing, Inventory, E-commerce, Support and much more. It’s ofent beneficial to have those systems talking to each other, but too often it’s complex, costly or outright impossible.
Since the world is transitioning from bricks and mortar to bits and bytes, often your website is the central hub that your organization and its customers go to first for information. If you can consolidate a variety of the services you use to present their data to the right visitors, you can streamline your business, and can focus more on strategy and less on transcribing things between islands of information.
Fortunately, with MODX Revolution, you can integrate with virtually anything that supports an API, in one of three ways:
- MODX Extras — Specific integrations for services as MODX Extras can extend your experience. For example, the Google Analytics Dashboard allows you to see a quick overview of how your site is doing without ever leaving your MODX installation.
- Zapier — Zapier moves info between your web apps automatically, so you can focus on your most important work. With the Zapier MODX Extra you get access to over 500 applications to integrate with MODX Revolution, more added every week. With Zapier, you’re only limited by your imagination.
Zapier Integration Examples
Zapier allows you to accomplish things quickly that traditionally would have required investing development resources. Here are some basic examples, though using Zapier’s search and multi-step Zaps you can be creative and create sophisticated workflows in very little time:
- When you add a document to a specific Google Drive folder, Zapier sends the content to your MODX site, where a Resource is created in unpublished state, ready for one final review and push-button publishing.
- When a customer fills in a form on your site, a notification pops up in the relevant Slack channel, so your teams know, in real time, when customers need help or attention.
- When someone completes a payment on your site, a Trello card is created so you never miss fulfillment schedules.
- When you edit a Google spreadsheet, a table gets updated on your website.
Benefits of Integrations
Benefits for Organizations
- Escape vendor lockin with mediocre solutions and use the best in class for every aspect of your business: CRM, fulfillment, marketing automation and more
- Prototype complex applications and services without hiring developers
For End Users & Site Builders
- Build processes faster and get more done—no code required
- Zapier really is simple with an easy to use editor—you can do this