Published on January 11, 2017
The community-based MODX Evolution team has released Evolution 1.2.1. This release includes a substantial number of fixes and an upgrade to the phpMailer library, which is included in MODX Evolution.
Evolution 1.2 was a tremendous release with more than 1200 changes. Read the Evolution 1.2 announcement for more details.
Evolution 1.2 included critical security enhancements. All prior versions are vulnerable to active exploit. If you’re not running 1.2 or greater, you need to upgrade as soon as possible.
Highlights of Evo 1.2.1
Here are some highlights of MODX Evolution 1.2.1:
- Upgraded phpMailer, closing CVE-2016-10033 and CVE-2016-10045
- Many Manager interface fixes and icon upgrades
- Fix abandoned Resource locks
- Minor improvements to the MODXRE2 theme
- Fixed issues with PHX installed
- Much more
For the complete list of all of the changes in Evolution 1.2.1 read the changelog.
Upgrading Is Critical
We cannot stress the importance of diligently upgrading to the latest version of MODX Evolution enough. While no software is 100% secure, powering your site with the most current version usually helps protect you from hackers that rely on exploiting outdated software. If you’re not sure what version of MODX Evolution you’re running, login to your website Manager and it should be in the upper right hand corner—possibly left, if extremely old.
MODX Evolution 1.2 was developed, managed and released by the dedicated team of community members, shown in order by number of contributions.
- Mananori Yamamoto (yama) https://github.com/yama
- Dennis Helfensteller (Deesen) https://github.com/Deesen
- Dmytro Lukianenko (Dmi3yy) https://github.com/dmi3yy
- Bossloper https://github.com/bossloper
- Nicola Lambathakis (Nicola1971) https://github.com/Nicola1971
- Piotr Matysiak (pmfx) https://github.com/pmfx
- fourroses666, MrSwed, sashabeep, kulmjens
The MODX Evolution team would like to send a special thanks to all translators and testers!
Download Evo 1.2.1:
You can download the latest version of MODX Evo from the following sources:
Install, Upgrade and More Links
For those users who are interested in using Evo, but are unsure where to begin:
- Basic Installation - How to install
- Upgrade - How to upgrade to the latest version of MODX Evolution.
- Developer’s Guide - All tech information (How to, What are etc.)
- Content Editing - For editors, user creation etc.
- Administration - How to manage users, moving site etc.
- Designing - Templates, adding chunks, TV’s, snippets etc.