Revolution 2.5.4 was released today. It includes an update for PHP Mailer, an accessibility improvement for the Manager login and several other fixes.
Highlights of 2.5.4
Here are some of the highlights of 2.5.4:
- Update PHP Mailer library for security fixes
- Fixed Resources not loading on sqlsrv environments
- Fixes to Extras package listings in the Installer
- Update Font Awesome to 4.7.0
- Improved Accessibily/UX of Manager login screen by removing placeholders
Upgrading Is Critical
Revolution 2.5.2 contained critical security enhancements and if you are not yet running 2.5.2 or higher you should upgrade to 2.5.4 now. See below for more info.
We cannot stress the importance of diligently upgrading to the latest version of MODX enough. While no software is 100% secure, powering your site with the most current version usually helps protect you from hackers that rely on exploiting outdated software. If you're not sure what version of MODX Revolution you're running, login to your website Manager. If it is not shown at the top left hand corner of the Manager, go to Manage>Reports>System Info.
Let’s take the time to thank the individual contributors to this release: Jason Coward, Thomas Jakobi, Mark Hamstra, Romain Tripault, Jan Peca, Sergey Shlokov, Mike Reid, fn3k4, Mat Dave Jones, Serge, Vasily Naumkin, and JP DeVries.
Get Started with Revo 2.5
Here’s what you need to get started or upgrade to MODX Revolution 2.5:
- Download Revolution 2.5
- What’s required to run Revolution 2.5.x
- How to install MODX Revolution
- How to upgrade MODX Revolution on your site
- How to upgrade MODX Revolution in MODX Cloud
- Read the MODX Revolution Documentation
Ask Not What MODX Can Do For You
MODX is possible because of the many individual community members and users that take the time to report issues, request new features, and submit code to the project. Make sure you read the documentation, post feedback and share your experiences in the MODX community forums.
On behalf of the entire MODX Team, we thank you!