Revolution 2.5.6 was released today. This patch release includes many of the fixes and resolved issues from the recent MODX Bug Hunt community event.
Highlights of 2.5.6
Here are some of the highlights of 2.5.6:
- Fix broken images in File tree when media source above doc root [#13292]
- Added validation for min and max length of text Template Variable (TV) configuration
- Fix error in Firefox preventing using enter in the uberbar [#12714]
- Show proper error page when viewing an inaccessible symlink [#12380]
- Show proper error message when trying to rename a file/folder that already exists [#13256]
- Hide database username, password, and database name from advanced setup [#13090]
MODX Bug Hunt
On March 3, 2017, Dutch digital agency, Sterc, hosted the first MODX Bug Hunt. Dozens of MODX community members reviewed, fixed or closed over 140 issues in the MODX bug tracker at GitHub. You can see more details about the MODX Bug Hunt at the website including the reviewer/fixer leaderboard, with top prize taken by Peter Bowyer. Thanks so much to the team who put together the bug hunt.
The second MODX Bug Hunt has been scheduled for July 7, 2017. Join in on the action or support with your presence for the live show.
Upgrading Is Critical
Revolution 2.5.2 contained critical security enhancements and if you are not yet running 2.5.2 or higher you should upgrade to 2.5.6 now. See below for more info.
We cannot stress the importance of diligently upgrading to the latest version of MODX enough. While no software is 100% secure, powering your site with the most current version usually helps protect you from hackers that rely on exploiting outdated software. If you’re not sure what version of MODX Revolution you’re running, log into your website Manager. If it is not shown at the top left-hand corner of the Manager, go to Manage>Reports>System Info.
Let’s take the time to thank the individual contributors to this release: Mark Hamstra, Jan Peca, Jason Coward, Thomas Jakobi, Romain Tripault, Lukas Zahnd, Mat Dave Jones, Peter Bowyer, OptimusCrime, Christian Seel, Mike Schell, Lars Bratke, Mike Reid, Mikhail Dyachuk, Oetzie, Fabian Christen, Володя, Hugo Peek, Ivan Klimchuk, Jesse Visser, Joeke Kloosterman, Sebastian G. Marinescu, Sergey Shlokov, Sytske Haagsma, Vasily Krakovetsky, sander, Romain, goldsky, Pien van Dalen, Simon Champion, Johan van der Molen, and Bob Ray.
Get Started with Revo 2.5
Here’s what you need to get started or upgrade to MODX Revolution 2.5:
- Download Revolution 2.5
- What’s required to run Revolution 2.5.x
- How to install MODX Revolution
- How to upgrade MODX Revolution on your site
- How to upgrade MODX Revolution in MODX Cloud
- Read the MODX Revolution Documentation
Ask Not What MODX Can Do For You
MODX is possible because of the many individual community members and users that take the time to report issues, request new features, and submit code to the project. Make sure you read the documentation, post feedback and share your experiences in the MODX community forums.
On behalf of the entire MODX Team, we thank you!