2.5.8 was released today. It contains over 30 fixes—many of which were the fruits of the recent MODX Bug Hunt, held on July, 7th in Munich, Germany with participants from around the world.
Highlights of Revolution 2.5.8
You can find all the changes in the changelog, but we’ve created a list with highlights for you:
- Fixed multiple annoyances within the media browser
- Fixed user session token if it is set but value is empty, which will prevent unexpectedly logging out
- Fixed issue with incorrect signature during installation of two packages with setup options, which prevented some extras from updating
- Update xPDO to fix issue with validation rules
- Refresh Element in tree after changing name in element’s panel
- Refresh the parent (Resource) node when creating the first child
If you haven’t upgraded to MODX Revolution 2.5.x yet, learn more from its original release announcement.
Upgrading Is Critical
Revolution 2.5.2 contained critical security enhancements, and if you are not yet running 2.5.2 or higher, you should upgrade to 2.5.8 now. See below for more info.
We cannot stress the importance of diligently upgrading to the latest version of MODX enough. While no software is 100% secure, powering your site with the most current version usually helps protect you from hackers that rely on exploiting outdated software. If you’re not sure what version of MODX Revolution you’re running, log into your website Manager. If the version number doesn’t appear in the top left-hand corner of the Manager, go to Manage>Reports>System Info.
A lot of thanks go out to the following contributors: Jesse Visser, Romain Tripault, Johan van der Molen, David Pede, Jermain Buist, Kristian Pars, Ivan Klimchuk, Julian Weaver, Gernot Ebenlechner, Vasily Naumkin, Jens Külzer, Gauke Pieter Sietzema, Thomas Jakobi, Christian Seel, Jason Coward, John Peca, Mike Reid, Sander Drenth, Thomas Gautvedt, Oene Tjeerd de Bruin, Mark Hamstra, Rico P, Ben Davis, lawrenz1337, islandsins, Susan Ottwell, Henk Everts, Lars Bratke, Mathias Dannevang, Marcus Nickel and Rinze van den Brug. You made this release happen!
Get Started with Revo 2.5
Here’s what you need to get started or upgrade to MODX Revolution 2.5:
- Download Revolution 2.5
- What’s required to run Revolution 2.5.8
- How to install MODX Revolution
- How to upgrade MODX Revolution on your site
- How to upgrade MODX Revolution in MODX Cloud
- Read the MODX Revolution Documentation
Ask Not What MODX Can Do For You
MODX is possible because of the many individual community members and users that take the time to report issues, request new features, and submit code to the project. Make sure you read the documentation, post feedback and share your experiences in the MODX community forums.
On behalf of the entire MODX Team, we thank you!