We released MODX Revolution 2.6.2 today. It contains many bug fixes and enhancements to keep you busy while we finalize some exciting new features for 2.7.
Highlights of Revolution 2.6.2
You can find all the changes in the changelog, but we’ve created a list with highlights for you:
- Display context name and key in Context drop-down #13839
- Only save properties modified from the default for an element in Property Sets #13799
- Replace usages of each() to avoid deprecated warnings in PHP 7.2 #13829
- Prevent adding ./ to file path when in the root of a media source #13778
- Fix an error with the getonline processor on systems with only_full_group_by sql_mode #13835
- Prevent logging errors for comments or empty tags #13771
- Prevent HTTP headers from being overwritten in modRest #13797
- Fix error sending messages to wrong recipients in the
- Stop posting extra data on package install request #13813
- Add missing events permission to Administrator policy on new installs #13830
- Select the correct media source when editing a static element #13750
- Fix the setup language being reset to English in the last step #13611
- Fix incorrect view link after changing the resource URL #13768
- Fix silent fail on login without manager access #12706
- Fix incorrect media source being used on image TVs when creating a new resource in a different context #13609
If you haven’t upgraded to MODX Revolution 2.6.x yet, learn more from its original release announcement.
Upgrading is Important
Revolution 2.5.2 contained critical security enhancements, and if you are not yet running 2.5.2 or higher, you should upgrade to 2.6.2 now. See below for more info.
We cannot stress the importance of diligently upgrading to the latest version of MODX enough. While no software is 100% secure, powering your site with the most current version usually helps protect you from hackers that rely on exploiting outdated software. If you’re not sure what version of MODX Revolution you’re running, log into your website Manager. If the version number doesn’t appear in the top left-hand corner of the Manager, go to Manage>Reports>System Info.
We would like to thank all of the following contributors: Alroniks, BobRay, labr1005, Mark-H, bezumkin, JoshuaLuckers, Bruno17, AmaZili, jdaehne, sdrenth, Finetuned, Oene Tjeerd de Bruin, and opengeek. Your contributions were invaluable to this release!
Get Started with Revo 2.6
Here’s what you need to get started or upgrade to MODX Revolution 2.6:
- Download Revolution 2.6
- What’s required to run Revolution 2.6.2
- How to install MODX Revolution
- How to upgrade MODX Revolution on your site
- How to upgrade MODX Revolution in MODX Cloud
- Read the MODX Revolution Documentation
Ask Not What MODX Can Do For You
MODX is possible because of the many individual community members and users that take the time to report issues, request new features, and submit code to the project. Make sure you read the documentation, post feedback and share your experiences in the MODX community forums.
On behalf of the entire MODX Team and our fantastic community of contributors, we thank you!