Yesterday we released MODX Revolution 2.6.4. It contains a several fixes for a variety of small bugs and security issues.
As noted in the changelog, there are only a few small changes between 2.6.3 and 2.6.4:
- Fix sorting by access column in Template Access tab of Template Variable edit view #13893
- Make sure category is not null before checking add_children permission when creating chunks #13906
- Address various minor XSS issues in the manager #13887
- Update xPDO to 2.7.0 to solve bug with getIterator and MODX Resource Group ACLs #13889
- Update phpmailer from 5.2.21 to 5.2.26 to fix various security issues #13886
If you haven’t upgraded to MODX Revolution 2.6.x yet, learn more from its original release announcement.
Upgrading is Important
Revolution 2.5.2 contained critical security enhancements, and if you are not yet running 2.5.2 or higher, or if you recently upgraded to 2.6.2, you should upgrade to 2.6.4 now. See below for more info.
We cannot stress the importance of diligently upgrading to the latest version of MODX enough. While no software is 100% secure, powering your site with the most current version usually helps protect you from hackers that rely on exploiting outdated software. If you’re not sure what version of MODX Revolution you’re running, log into your website Manager. If the version number doesn’t appear in the top left-hand corner of the Manager, go to Manage>Reports>System Info.
Get Started with Revo 2.6
Here’s what you need to get started or upgrade to MODX Revolution 2.6:
- Download Revolution 2.6
- What’s required to run Revolution 2.6.4
- How to install MODX Revolution
- How to upgrade MODX Revolution on your site
- How to upgrade MODX Revolution in MODX Cloud
- Read the MODX Revolution Documentation
Ask Not What MODX Can Do For You
MODX is possible because of the many individual community members and users that take the time to report issues, request new features, and submit code to the project. Make sure you read the documentation, post feedback and share your experiences in the MODX community forums.
On behalf of the entire MODX Team and our fantastic community of contributors, we thank you!