MODX contributors and the integration team are proud to announce the second patch release of MODX Revolution 2.7. MODX 2.7.2 features many bug fixes to improve the experience of working with all of the new features that 2.7 introduced.
You can get a full list of changes by reviewing the changelog, but below are some of the significant revisions in this release.
- Update PHPMailer to 5.2.27 to address small but potential vulnerability
- Upon setup completion the
setupdirectory is locked
- Updated phpThumb to a version that fixes images getting a black background color when converting an image with transparency to a format without alpha support
- The default RSS feed URLs
feed_modx_newsnow use HTTPS
- Fix for thumbnails not rendering for media sources with spaces in URL’s
- Restore PHP 5.3 compatibility
Security is a Habit
Staying up-to-date with new releases is a good habit to keep your MODX-powered website as secure as possible. While no critical security issues appear in version 2.7.0, we recommend you upgrade as soon as possible.
It Takes a Village…
The release would not be possible without the attention and effort of our community contributors, including Jason Coward, Joshua Lückers, Thomas Jakobi, Ruslan Aleev, Bochkarev Ivan, Ivan Klimchuk, Mark Hamstra, Mina Gerges, Jake Scaltreto, Greg Crown, ian-emsens-sb, Serge Kudashev, Joshua Lückers, GulomovCreative, Intersel, ЕвгенийWebinmd, gregcrown, John Penny, nizart91, tolanych, and Roel Zeilstra.