The MODX contributors and the integration team are happy to announce MODX Revolution 3.0.0-rc2—the second release candidate of the next big thing for MODX. This is the second of the two RCs planned before the final release, in just a few weeks.
Revo 3 offers a completely new back-end Manager experience, updates the codebase to embrace modern PHP standards, adds compatibility with PHP 8.1 and generally improves the software overall.
What’s Changed in RC2?
There are a lot of improvements in the second RC release, and these are minor fixes as we get closer to the release of Revo 3:
- Display username in user menu (#15973)
- Prevent random container conversion on resource move (#16001)
- Make MessageBox minWidth configurable (#15996)
- Add cache-busting to manager JS (#16016)(#16026)
- Fix empty files not being clickable in the file tree (#15985)
Bug Fixes & Improvements
- Apply JSON_INVALID_UTF8_SUBSTITUTE flag to json_encode (#16025)
- Change Children to composite relation for modUserGroup (#15968)
- Improve stripmodxtags output filter (#15975)
- Fix selecting parent in quick create resource (#16002)
- Fix 'undefined' error if TV under content (#16008)
- Remove unnecessary uses of deprecated strftime() (#15999)
- Mark modX::parseChunk as deprecated (#15978)
- Fix Zend OPcache API warning when upgrading MODX (#15911)
- Fix aliases for resource controllers (#15997)
- Fix disabled trash button (#15994)
- Fix blank page when creating dashboard widget (#15987)
- Switch resource_preview to resource_view (#15902)
- Split logs permission into mgr_log_view/erase (#15981)
- Increase the specificity for dashboard table CSS rules (#15979)
- Revert passing script variables by reference (#16030)
The focus in the three weeks leading to the realese of MODX Revolution 3.0 is testing the RC and Extras. All new features will target the 3.1 release. Follow the progress towards the production release on our Github project. We're currently aiming to release Revolution 3.0.0-pl on or around Thursday, February, 24, 2022.
Help Make Our Best Release Ever
We’re hoping you will make time to test our second release candidate to confirm things work as they should. You can test in MODX Cloud or download MODX 3.0.0-rc2 to test locally. The best way to test is to make a copy of an existing site, upgrade it (and all the Extras), and let us know how it goes.
If you find any issues, please report it to our GitHub project—it’s pretty simple to do.
Please DO NOT use this version in production, as it is still not final and some sites or Extras may have issues that need to be addressed.
Thank you for helping us make MODX better!