- Hightly customizable
- Search form and search results completely customizable through templates and css
- Result data available in templates as placeholders
- Output of results available as html results or as json structure
- Rich query syntax
The syntax is the same for mysql or for the zend engine. The same search string analyser is used. The syntax includes:
- Single (?) and multiple character (*) wildcard searches,
- Boolean operators: AND, OR
- The NOT operator
- The grouping of terms using parentheses,
- Single Terms and phrases by using quotes
- Clear Default and help button
- The clearing of the default text (Search here ...) is available with the clearDefault parameter
- A customizable help button opens a window to provide an help on the search query syntax. The content of the help is fully customizable too.
- Search in TVs
- Sql queries have been optimized for search in TVs.
- fields, withFields, withTvs and includeTvs parameters allow to specify where the search occurs and which are the information available as placeholder in the results.
- With showExtract parameter you specify which fields are used to set the extract and how many extracts per result you want.
- Modify on flying the display of the results with a postHook snippet.
- Faceted search
- Filter the results with the Query Hook (a snippet). By declaring the "andCondtions" in the Query Hook you can set up and manage powerful filters.
- Read the specific Query Hook documentation.
- Several instances on the same page
- Set as many search inputs & results as you want on the same page.
- Dynamic content search with Zend
- (See above). By default Mysql is the default engine mode.
- To index the documents check indexation folder. It's secured by using modx's site id.
- Search in custom packages
- By using "joined" query hook declaration you can add joined resources to the default modResource
- The "main" declaration allow to replace modResource by an another main resource.
- Highlighting of results
- Whatever the complexity of the search terms used, they are highlighted in the extract results
- Two paging types available
- paging type 1 : 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
- paging type 2 : Next 6-10/26 Previous
- paging type 3: 1 | 2 | 3 ... 10 | 11 | 12 ... 18 | 19 | 20
- Ajax mode
- Show your effect between basic, showfade and slidefade
- Replace the pagination by a "Show more result link", and display all the results on a landing page
- Adjust the opacity of the window of results
- LiveSearch mode
- Customize easily your own load and close images
- Faceted search available with Ajax mode
New in AdvSearch 2.0.0-beta2
AdvSearch 2.0.0-beta2 (January 08, 2016)
- - [#82] fix installation resolver
AdvSearch 2.0.0-beta1 (January 08, 2016)
- - apply placeholder's prefix in all chunks
- - major refactor of class and controller files
- - [#73] Replace getMicroTime method with standart PHP microtime. getMicroTime was deleted in modx 2.3.
- - [#45] add page and totalPage placeholders
- - [#67] apply addJs=0
- - add plugin to index/remove resource from solr's index
- - fix example of solr's schema
- - fix paging getting value from queryHook
- - devide docindex's path by separate engines
- - add controllers for the search engines
- - add new interface to build Solr's search indexer
- - add new interface to build Zend's search indexer
- - add new pagination type
- - add GMap integration
- - debug form's definition on JS's pagination
- - change settimelimit to 1000, infinite limit kills.
- - dump the debug output to MODX's error log if it's an ajax call
- - [#63] add queryHook's version to implement different regex
- - reformat the code
- - [#61] fallback on failed loading of the zend lucene library
- - [#60] fix sorting which doesn't work in queryHook
- - [#44] fix validation error on form's method
- - [#57] use default modx-table-prefix if not set a custom-prefix
- - [#15] add hideLinks
November 27, 2012
2.2 – Current