Babel is an Extra for MODx Revolution that helps you managing your multilingual websites using differentc ontexts. Babel even supports managing several different multilingual websites within one MODx instance by using so called context groups.
Babel maintains links between translated resources. In the manager you can use the Babel Box to easily switch between the different language versions of your resource. Translations can be created automatically by Babel or defined manually.
Additionally Babel can be used to synchronize certain template variables (TVs) of translated resource which should be the same in every context (language).
Offical documentation is located at http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/Babel.
Feel free to suggest ideas/improvements/bugs on GitHub: https://github.com/mikrobi/babel/issues
New in 2.1.1-pl1
- Fixed #9: Calling deprecated and non-existing method in babel.class
New in 2.1.1-rc1
- Added &resourceId parameter to BabelLinks snippet.
- Added French translation for new keys from version 2.1.0-beta.
- Added BabelTranslation snippet to get the id of a translated resource in a given context.
- Fixed bug with empty babel settings (contextKeys and syncTvs).
- In order to protect the Babel TV from being manipulated manually its type is set to 'hidden' by default.
Install via package management and set configuration parameters in the setup dialog according to your needs
New in Babel 2.1.1-pl1
There are no release notes for this version.