Babel is an Extra for MODx Revolution that helps you managing your multilingual websites using differentc ontexts. Babel even supports managing several different multilingual websites within one MODx instance by using so called context groups.
Babel maintains links between translated resources. In the manager you can use the Babel Box to easily switch between the different language versions of your resource. Translations can be created automatically by Babel or defined manually.
Additionally Babel can be used to synchronize certain template variables (TVs) of translated resource which should be the same in every context (language).
Offical documentation is located at http://rtfm.modx.com/display/ADDON/Babel. You may have a look at our tutorial for setting up your multilingual website with MODx and Babel.
Feel free to suggest ideas/improvements/bugs on GitHub: https://github.com/mikrobi/babel/issues
New in 2.2.3-rc1
- Issue #18: Added 'id' placeholder for BabelLink chunk which is used by the BabelLinks snippet.
- Fixed issue #21: Manager redirect causes error in Google Chrome browser.
New in 2.2.2-rc2
- Fixed bug: Initial synchronization of TV values when setting a link manually didn't work.
New in 2.2.2-rc1
- Added feature #16: Values of synchronized TVs of the source resource(s) can be copied to the target resource when setting a translation link manually.
- Added showUnpublished parameter to BabelLinks and BabelTranslation snippets.
New in 2.2.1-rc1
- Added feature #11: User is redirect to new resource after creating a translation.
- Fixed issue #15: Babel TV of duplicated resources is being initiated.
- Alias is duplicated when creating an translation, too.
New in 2.2.0-pl
- Fixed bug which occured when creating new resources.
- Fixed bug in validation which is performed on setting a link manually.
- Improved performance of TV synchronization.
- Regarding issue #10: Added checks to handle invalid Babel settings (defined by the user).
Install via package management and set configuration parameters in the setup dialog according to your needs.
If you're having problems take a look at this tutorial describing the setup of a multilingual site using MODx and Babel.
New in Babel 2.2.3-rc1
There are no release notes for this version.