About Big Brother
A Google Analytics dashboard for MODX, brought to you by modmore. Originally developed in 2011 by Stephane Boulard (lossendae)
Big Brother v1 only supports Universal Analytics and MODX 2.7+. To learn more about Big Brother v2 which will support the new Google Analytics 4 as well as MODX3, visit the crowdfunding campaign.
Big Brother gives you access to a quick overview of Google Analytics reports directly from the manager.
The following reports are available:
- Site Content (By page and Page Title)
- Audience (Language, Country, Browser, Operating System, Service Provider, Mobile, Screen Resolution)
- Traffic Sources (Search by keyword or source, Referral by source, Direct traffic by Landing page)
Additionally, Administrator can switch account easily or revoke Google's authorization as they need. You can specify Administrator account via a system setting at any time.
Have issues authenticating your Google Analytics account on a site that used v1.3.2 or earlier versions? Remove the bigbrother.native_app_client_id and `bigbrother.native_app_client_secret` system settings from your site, and reinstall Big Brother.
New in Big Brother 1.5.0
Big Brother 1.5.0-pl, released on 2021-04-23
- Update the build to allow distribution via the modmore package provider
- Add requirements validator: requires MODX 2.7+ (and < 3.0) and PHP 7.1+ in line with standard modmore support
- Add link to the v2 crowdfunding campaign during installation: https://modmore.com/extras/bigbrother/crowdfunding/
- Fix PHP warnings when optional parameters aren't specified [#37]
- Remove old disabling of SSL peer verification to avoid potential MITM attack in fetching reports
- Fix cache handling to use custom cache partition rather than default