ClientConfig gives your client a user-friendly interface for making site wide changes, while you as the administrator set up the different options available to the end-user.
New in ClientConfig 2.0: context-aware settings!
Possible uses include:
- Regularly update a slogan or tag-line in header or footer
- Change call-to-action button colors based on the season
- Keep contact details updated in one central location
- Update the email-address a form sends notifications to.
New in ClientConfig 2.1.0
ClientConfig 2.1.0-pl :: 2018-12-05
- Update menu to no longer rely on modAction, instead using namespace routing [#158, #139]
- Fix image/file fields not refreshing when switching context [#147, #155]
- Adjust plugin to accept both OnMODXInit and OnHandleRequest so you can change the event it runs on, if needed [#140]
- Prevent events (i.e., priority) from being overwritten on upgrade [#148]
ClientConfig 2.0.0-pl :: 2018-06-26
- Don't add duplicate to the key when duplicating a setting [#142]
- Updated German [#141], Russian [#145] and Dutch translations
ClientConfig 2.0.0-rc1 :: 2017-10-04
- ClientConfig can now (optionally) manage settings for different contexts [#4/#112]
- Media fields (image/file) now prefix the media source url [#124]
- Allow snippet/chunk tags in options for the dropdown field [#104]
- Updated minimum requirements to PHP 5.5.0 and MODX 2.5.2.
- Added separate clientconfig.categories lexicon for the vertical tabs interface [#91]
ClientConfig 1.4.2-pl :: 2017-07-22
- Restore PHP 5.3 compatibility in creating settings. Note: next release will require 5.5+!
- Fix issue saving settings on certain environments due to missing value for source [#129]
- Fix incorrect header/container alignment in both manager pages [#128]
- Fix (unused) namespace assets path (on new installs) [#126]
ClientConfig 1.4.1-pl :: 2017-02-01
- Fix bug where the new source dropdown does not appear for image field types
ClientConfig 1.4.0-pl :: 2017-01-31
- Fix loading of TinyMCE RTE, causing it to be initialised without configuration [#122]
- Add ClientConfigConfigChange event to be able of hooking into configuration changes [#117]
- Change plugin event from OnHandleRequest to OnMODXInit [#87, #109, #115]
- Enable inline editing in the admin component [#94, #95, #114]
- Fix field-required errors not being shown by adding a popup
- Accept 0 as valid required value on the number input [#119]
- Add a Password input type [#105]
- Add a File input type [#36]
- Don't show "Error adding field" errors during installation/upgrade [#92]
- Fix loading RTE if the field key contains a dot [#89]
- Add CMD/CTRL + S shortcut for saving the configuration [#80]
- Preserve linebreaks when editing a setting in the admin section by using a textarea for the value [#69]
- Relicense under the MIT license instead of GPL [#67]
- Allow specifying a media source for the image input type [#66]
ClientConfig 1.3.2-pl :: 2015-12-09
- Update French translation
- Make sure image field uses the MODX default media source
- Respect managerdateformat and managertimeformat settings
ClientConfig 1.3.1-pl :: 2014-07-20
- Update Dutch translation
- More weird border fixes
- Minor fix to when borders are added, specifically for 2.2.
ClientConfig v1.3.0 :: July 19th, 2014
- #27 Ability to import/export groups and settings
- #16 Auto-select first group when adding a setting
- #15 Force admins to create a group before creating a setting, as settings need groups
- #76 Fix issue where unchecking a checkbox would fail if the setting was required
- #78 Make the isrequired column show Yes/No instead of true/false
- #60 Get rid of an extra border
- #75 Update help link to point to modmore.com
ClientConfig v1.2.1 :: January 7th, 2014
- #57 Add Google Font input type (Thanks @garryn)
- #63 Fix issue loading more than one rich text field
ClientConfig v1.2.0 :: August 16th, 2013 (modmore.com) / November 14th, 2013 (modx.com)
- #38 Add setting (verticaltabs) to allow stacking groups vertically instead of horizontal tabs
- #46 Add ability to duplicate a setting
- #45 Show field options field when editing a select box setting.
- #54 Add Rich Text input type.
- Improved width consistency of input items.
- #37 Added input type Image (thanks COEX!)
- #3 Fix/add colorpicker input type (thanks COEX!)
ClientConfig v1.1.2 :: March 7th, 2012
- Add/update translations: Russian (thx @Alroniks!), German (thx @enigmatic-user!), Swedish (thx @fractalwolfe!) and Dutch.
- #47 Show field descriptions under the fields. (Thanks @fractalwolfe!)
- #40 Add placeholder tooltips with the [[++key]] for admins. (Thanks @fractalwolfe!)
ClientConfig v1.1.1 :: December 31st, 2012
- #35 Don't strip out tags when saving values.
- #39 Increase database field max sizes for longer descriptions and values.
- #33 Make sure to show message when no tabs are to be shown.
- #34 Prevent EWARNING when there are no settings configured.
ClientConfig v1.1.0 :: December 16th, 2012
- #26 Add ability to manually sort Settings within a Group
- #25 Add ability to manually sort Groups
- #21 Add Filter on Group for settings.
- #24 Remember last visited tab in both admin and client view.
- #22 Add "Help!" button on Admin panel linking to RTFM instructions.
- Improve checking if key exists on updating a setting.
- #30 Fix bug with incorrectly checking cgSetting.isrequired checkbox
- Make controller a tad more portable.
ClientConfig v1.0.0 :: December 9th, 2012