Collections is a MODX Revolution Extra that adds a custom CollectionContainer resource class with the following behaviour:
- Any direct child resource will be hidden from the Resource Tree in the Manager, and listed in a grid view (similar to Articles) under a dedicated "Children" tab.
- Any children that themselves have children will be shown in the Tree, to be managed normally.
This project is on GitHub: https://github.com/modxcms/Collections
Install via Package Management
Just like the MODX Resource Tree itself, Collections supports nesting. You can create a Collection within another Collection. Sub Collection Containers will be displayed in the resource tree and their children will be displayed in the grid view.
Drag n Drop
You can drag n drop Resources into a Collections container and if they don't have children of their own they will be listed in the grid. If they do have children, they'll just remain in the Tree as usual.
New in Collections 4.0.0-beta1
- Fix issues with upgrading from old Collections
- Add a more flexible link renderer
- Fix display issues in the template view