Meet Fred, the Friendly Editor for MODX. Fred is a visual editor for managing your site from the front end.
Learn more at https://fred.modx.com
Report issues at https://github.com/modxcms/fred/issues
New in Fred 1.0.0-beta9
- Fred now supports Permissions and Policies, ticking off the last big 1.0 feature checklist item. Time to thoroughly work over every bit of Fred ahead of its initial public release!
- The width of the toolbar on small Elements hid important icons. Now it doesn't.
- While mildly entertaining at first, the flashing cycles when hovering the parent Element of nested ones quickly becomes annoying. Fixed.
- You get to see the magical preview soon after clicking the button when generating full-page Blueprints. So much for delayed gratification.
- Validate the name, version, and release when building a Theme, because themes are cool and it's the right thing to do.
listpolicy on media sources so people can't rearrange the root-level file system for you.
- Sign every XHR call so that less than scrupulous people don't edit—or remove—your site for you.
- Display an error message that explains why trying to download a theme without a transport package doesn't work so well.