Meet Fred, the Friendly Editor for MODX. Fred is a visual editor for managing your site from the front end.
Learn more at https://fred.modx.com
Report issues at https://github.com/modxcms/fred/issues
New in Fred 1.0.0-rc1
- Each theme now gets its own defaut_element, which is handy when migrating content from non-Fred sites into Fred.
- Pages were sometimes hiding from the front end, which made it difficult to work on sites. Now it's a lot easier, and we have outlawed games of hide and seek going forward.
- When switching Themes, pages can have Elements from other themes, which can lead to Bad Things™. Now we warn when this has happened so you can prevent future frustration.
- Elements, Blueprints, Element categories, Blueprint categories and Themes now have to have unique names. This is so multiple Themes don't co-mingle their assets with a potentially messy outcome.
- Found a few places where XHR errors had been left as static strings. Now they can be translated for better feedback if things go awry.