GoodNews 1.4.6-plReleased Jul 25, 2017 by gadgetto
GoodNews is a powerful integrated group and newsletter mailing system for the content management framework MODX Revolution. With GoodNews you can easily create mailings or newsletters and have them sent to your subscribers or internal MODX user groups automatically right from your MODX back-end. GoodNews is built with a lot of passion for details, a polished interface and easy operation. The sending process of GoodNews is lightning fast due to its underlying multithreaded sending system.Download 542kb (53 downloads)
- Easy mailing and newsletter creation: newsletter HTML body based on single MODX templates or plain-text.
- *NEW* Automatic Bounce Handling: GoodNews can automatically handle bouncing emails and disable or remove inactive subscribers.
- Scheduled sending: send newsletters at a scheduled time.
- Flexible groups and categories: manage your subscribers in highly flexible groups and/or categories of interests.
- MODX context support: support of multiple MODX contexts and mailing containers within each context.
- Ultrafast sending engine: ultrafast sending based on parallel sending processes (multi threaded!).
- Multi language interface: GoodNews currently comes with this languages: English, German, French.
- Preinstalled front-end resources: ready to use: 2-factor subscriptions based on interests, 1-click unsusbcription, editing of subscription profiles.
- *NEW* Content Collections: automatically insert pre-formatted lists of Resource documents into your mail body (e.g. list of news or products).
- Mailings based on subscribers interests: send mailings based on group and/or categories selection.
- Mailings to internal MODX User groups: Send mailings to internal MODX User groups.
- Import of subscribers: CSV Import of subscribers and automatic groups/categories assignments.
- Simultaneous sending: simultaneous sending of multiple mailing campaigns.
- Unattended sending: start your sending jobs, close the browser window and let GoodNews do the rest.
- GoodNews requires MODX 2.2.1 or later
- PHP 5.3 (or later)
- MODX running on MySQL database, MSSQL is currently not supported
- PHP exec enabled on server for multi-threaded sending (optional but strongly recommended!)
- PHP IMAP extension for automatic bounce handling (optional)
- pThumb extension for automatic image resizing (optional)
- A time-based job scheduler like CRON.
In some hosting plans and server environments, cron jobs are not available, prohibited or limited. But thankfully there are many web-based cron-job providers available with free or payed cron services. Here you can find a collection of web-based cron-job providers www.cronjobservices.com.