GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET | PDF, Office & Image Files Annotation 1.0.0-plReleased Feb 18, 2015 by groupdocs.com
This plugin enables users to annotate PDF, Microsoft Office, Visio, CAD and raster image files, as well as 50+ other common business document types right from within your MODX website.
Note! This plugin integrates the downloadable GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET library, which has to be deployed on your server before installing the plugin. For more details on the library and to download a free evaluation copy, please visit GroupDocs website at: http://groupdocs.com/dot-net/document-annotation-libraryDownload 2kb (408 downloads)
GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET Library:Web-Based Office, PDF and Image Files Annotation
GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET is a universal document annotation library designed as a middleware specifically for integration with .NET (C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET) applications and Content Management Systems (CMSs). The library adds a capability to view and collaboratively annotate over 50 types of documents and images online, right in a web-browser. With this plugin, you can enhance your MODX website with the document annotation functionality provided by the library. Key features include:
1. Multi-user annotation sessions. GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET allows several users to annotate the same document simultaneously. Users can invite others to review a document, add annotations and see each other's comments in real time. This makes the document review process a breeze, as there is no need emailing back and forth the document between involved parties until it is finally approved.
2. Cross-platform compatibility. Users can view and annotate documents online, from any web-enabled device with a regular web-browser. There is no need to install any office software or plugins.
3. Support for native Word and PDF annotations. PDF and Word documents annotated online via GroupDocs.Annotation, can then be saved with the added annotations for further offline editing. Likewise, PDF and Word documents annotated offline can be imported to GroupDocs.Annotation for online review.
4. Secure document sharing. GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET doesn't download documents to user machines during view/annotation sessions. Instead, documents are converted to a web-compatible content (HTML markup, CSS, SVG images) and then rendered in user browsers. This allows you to avoid potential security flaws, as your original documents stay on your server. The library also features a DRM (digital rights management) control which makes it possible to share documents in a 'read-only' mode. You can disable the print, download and copy/paste options for all or some of the documents you share. And to protect your documents from screen-grabbing, you can add watermarks or hide sensitive information, including text and images, using the redaction tool.
5. Multiple file formats support. With a single GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET library you get a truly universal document collaboration tool for:
- PDF annotation;
- Image annotation: JPG, TIFF, PNG, GIF, BMP;
- Microsoft Office documents annotation: DOC(X), XLS(X), PPT(X), MSG, EML, MPP, MPT
- Microsoft Visio diagrams annotation: VSD, VDX, VSS, VSX, VST, VTX, VSDX, VDW
- AutoCAD drawings: DXF, DWG (2004)
- OpenDocument files: ODT, OTT, ODS, ODP
- Plain/Rich Text files: TXT, RTF
- Comma-Separated Values: CSV
- HyperText Markup Language: HTM, HTML, MHT, MHTML
- XML Paper Specification: XPS
- Electronic publication: EPUB
Please note! This plugin requires the GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET library to be installed on your server. A free evaluation copy of the library can be downloaded from the GroupDocs website: http://groupdocs.com/dot-net/document-annotation-library