Guzzle is a very popular library to make PHP requests. As many MODX extras use it, they're at risk of causing conflicts when different versions are used at the same time.
Instead of coupling a specific version of Guzzle with their packages, this meta package will install the latest version and make it available globally. Learn more.
After installation, Guzzle will be available and autoloaded for packages to use.
For instructions on adapting your packages to use it, please see the GitHub readme.
New in Guzzle7 7.3.1
Released on 2021-10-13
- Update shipped composer for installation to v2.1.9. This fixes an issue installing dependencies on environments without
Released on 2021-08-17
- Change the way we check for and "pre-load" Guzzle into memory. We're now first attempting to load the ClientInterface, Client, HandlerStack and Utils class to determine if we should provide Guzzle. If so, we include the autoloader and load those classes again.
- Remove MODX3-specific check. Rather, rely on class detection to see if Guzzle should be loaded or not.
Moving forward, this package will follow Guzzle minor version numbering.
- The major/minor version (currently 7.3) will match the minor version of Guzzle (so we'll release an update when 7.4 is released), while the patch version and release index will be specific to this MODX package. This way, dependant packages could indicate they require at least a certain minimum of Guzzle.
- The latest Guzzle release is still installed like before during package installation. Re-install the package to update to a new Guzzle patch release.