- Runs as a snippet or output filter, so it's fully cacheable
- Targets only the areas you tell it to
- Reads and writes inline styles as well as img tag width/height attributes, so it works with both TinyMCE and CKEditor
- Offers a variety of paramaters for controlling image size: display size, max width/height, scale (for retina images), or any combination
- Fixes stretched images (optional)
- Works with remote images and caches them locally (optional)
- Resaves pngs and gifs larger than a given file size as jpegs (optional)
- Runs any user-specified phpthumb options on all images in its input
- Either pThumb (recommended) or phpThumbOf
- PHP: DOM Extension — imageSlim's installer will tell you whether your server has it. Most do.
- cURL (for remote images). If you can download this via the Package Manager, you have cURL.
- As an output filter: [[*content:imageSlim]] or [[*someRichTextTV:imageSlim=`scale=1.5&maxWidth=800&fixAspect=1`]]
- As a snippet: [[imageSlim? &input=`[[*content]]` &remoteImages=`1` &phpthumbof=`fltr=gray`]]
New in imageSlim 1.1.3
- [#7] Always use the cached copy of a remote image, even if it doesn't need to be altered
- [#8] Fix unwanted conversion of empty DOM nodes into self-closing tags when there's more than one in an HTML fragment
- Improve identification and handling of remote images
- [#6] Fix handling of empty <textarea></textarea> tags
- Add a use_resizer setting/property for enabling Resizer independent of the site-wide setting. imageSlim will use Resizer by default if pThumb is installed.
- [#5] If MODX is installed in a subdirectory, keep the subdirectory name from incorrectly occurring twice in the path.
- On remote images, add a protocol to any protocol-relative URLs to prevent cURL from failing.
- [#4] Add imgSrc property to specify a different source attribute for img tags. Data attributes for example.
- Remove hotlinking checks for remote images. I can't think of when these would actually be useful.
- Add imageSlimCacheManager plugin to clean up the remote images cache on OnSiteRefresh events.
- Fix domDocument handling of iframe, video and audio tags so they
- don't become self closing.
- uses cURL for remote images
- adds caching of remote images and a max download time threshold
- Initial version