About Media Manager [BETA]
The Media Manager is a MODX Extra replacing the default Media Browser with an enterprise-grade media management solution.
- Fully responsive
- Built on jQuery and Bootstrap for easier future development
- Fully database driven
- Virtual categories, instead of folders to allow a file to be in multiple categories
- Tag support
- Version control for your media
- Image editing features, including resizing and cropping
- Ability to publish/unpublish media with reference-checking
- Support for TinyMCE, TV's, ContentBlocks
- Metadata for images out of the box: id, version, filename, version, author, dimensions (original + cropped image size), category, tags)
- Unlimited additional metadata (like TV's for images!)
- MODX ACL for removing/archiving images
Migrating from the default media browser
A migration tool is not yet available. You will not lose your old images, but they also will not show up in the new media browser.
- Install the package through package management by uploading the latest version from the _packages folder.
- You have to enable the Media Manager per MediaSource. Go to the top-menu "Media" -> "Media Sources" -> "Create property": Name=mediamanagerSource, Type=Textfield, Value=1
- Now enable it per user by editing a user: "Manage" -> "Users" -> Edit a user -> "Settings" -> "Create new" and set the key and/or name to "media_sources_id" and set the value to the ID of the Media Source you just enabled.
New in Media Manager [BETA] 0.3.1-beta
- Fixed Metadata required fields validation message shows key instead of label value #52
- Fixed ACLs - Mediasource and User Permissions #51
- Improved Archiving and Replacing visual interface confusing #50
- Fixed Content Blocks Image Gallery type not saving link in database #47