MetaX 2.0.2-plReleased Jul 16, 2014 by thekiller237
Automatically generates Meta tags for your pages, along with a Base tag and a couple Link tags, the full list can be seen at http://rtfm.modx.com/extras/revo/metax.
This snippet will help you keep your site optimized for search engines and save you a lot of time when creating a template by automatically doing almost all of the Meta work for you. For a full description and detailed support and instructions visit http://rtfm.modx.com/extras/revo/metax.
If you need help feel free to post on he MODx forums, I am around to help if any is needed. This snippet is rigorously tested before each release to ensure its reliability. Some information about MetaX may be found on my personal site, http://salscode.com. Kudos to AMDBuilder, http://www.amdbuilder.net/ for help with the testing.Download 7kb (3640 downloads)
Coded for MODX Revolution.
-Version 2.0.0 - WARNING this version does not support all of the previous syntax of older versions. In the long run, using 2.0.0 will save you time, but please double-check the output the first time you use it. This version uses 3 template chunks when generating the output, giving you direct control over what comes out. This version includes support for HTML4, xHTML4 and HTML5.
-Version 2.0.2 - Tested in Revo 2.3.
For Revolution, simply use the Package Manager.Use MODX Evolution? Visit http://modx.com/extras/package/metax-evo. For further support, visit http://rtfm.modx.com/extras/revo/metax, which is updated for each version.
- 1.0 - Private beta.
- 1.1 - First Public release.
- 1.2 - Thank you "Mike Stop Continues" for cleaning up some of the code. He made all of the variables below work as inline parameters (they can still be set below if you wish) and added mobile icon support. Also I've added RSS tag support and support for different HTML and xHTML syntaxes.
- 1.3 - Dublin Core support via &dublin parameter. Also added &tabs parameter to control the number of tabs in front of each element. Added the &ietool and &css parameters. As always, fully backward compatible.
- 1.3.1 - Fixes issues with getTvOutput function. Adds &spaces parameter which controls the number of spaces in front of each tag.
- 1.4 - Canonical URL now supports Archivist URLs (Enabled in Revo only), thank you Jakob Class for working on this feature. Fixed possible issue with a function declaration.
- 1.5 - Implemented StripTags function for all document fields (just in case you put some html in a description field). Also removed all deprecated functions in preparation for Revo 2.1.
- 1.6 - Add HTML5 compat. (Privately tested release).
- 2.0 - Large rewrite. Employs TPL chunks to allow maximum flexibility.
- 2.0.1 - Small error fix about getOne use.
- 2.0.2 - Small fixes for Revo 2.3.
|11 Versions||1 Contributors||13,475 Downloads|
|2.0.1-pl||Mar, 02 2012||thekiller237||4,632|
|2.0.0-pl||Feb, 07 2012||thekiller237||456|
|1.5.2-pl0||Mar, 09 2011||thekiller237||2,204|
|1.5.1-pl0||Mar, 07 2011||thekiller237||250|
|1.5.0-pl0||Mar, 03 2011||thekiller237||256|
|1.4.0-pl||Jan, 09 2011||thekiller237||420|
|1.3.1-public||Nov, 11 2010||thekiller237||518|
|1.2.0-public||Nov, 02 2010||thekiller237||443|
|1.3.0-public||Oct, 27 2010||thekiller237||299|
|1.1.0-public||Sep, 27 2010||thekiller237||357|