MetaX 1.5.0-pl0Released Mar 03, 2011 by thekiller237
Automatically generates Meta tags for your pages, along with a Base tag and a couple Link tags, the full list can be seen at http://rtfm.modx.com/extras/revo/metax.
This snippet will help you keep your site optimized for search engines and save you a lot of time when creating a template by automatically doing almost all of the Meta work for you. For a full description and detailed support and instructions visit http://rtfm.modx.com/extras/revo/metax.
If you need help feel free to post on he MODx forums, I am around to help if any is needed. This snippet is rigorously tested before each release to ensure its reliability. Some information about MetaX may be found on my personal site, http://salscode.com. Kudos to AMDBuilder, http://www.amdbuilder.net/ for help with the testing.
This version is deprecated. It is recommended to use a newer version.Download 7kb (311 downloads)
Tested on Revolution.
1.5 - Implemented StripTags function for all document fields (just in case you put some html in a description field). Also removed all deprecated functions in preparation for Revo 2.1.
For Revolution, simply use the Package Manager or manually add the snippet following the Evolution instructions, the code is the same for both MODx types.
Evolution: Visit http://modx.com/extras/package/metax-evo
For further support, visit http://salscode.com/index.php?id=93, which is updated for each version.
- 1.0 - Private beta.
- 1.1 - First Public release.
- 1.2 - Thank you "Mike Stop Continues" for cleaning up some of the code. He made all of the variables below work as inline parameters (they can still be set below if you wish) and added mobile icon support. Also I've added RSS tag support and support for different HTML and xHTML syntaxes.
- 1.3 - Dublin Core support via &dublin parameter. Also added &tabs parameter to control the number of tabs in front of each element. Added the &ietool and &css parameters. As always, fully backward compatible.
- 1.3.1 - Fixes issues with getTvOutput function. Adds &spaces parameter which controls the number of spaces in front of each tag.
- 1.4 - Canonical URL now supports Archivist URLs (Enabled in Revo only), thank you Jakob Class for working on this feature. Fixed possible issue with a function declaration.
- 1.5 - Implemented StripTags function for all document fields (just in case you put some html in a description field). Also removed all deprecated functions in preparation for Revo 2.1.
|11 Versions||1 Contributors||16,377 Downloads|
|2.0.2-pl||Jul, 16 2014||thekiller237||5,957|
|2.0.1-pl||Mar, 02 2012||thekiller237||4,677|
|2.0.0-pl||Feb, 07 2012||thekiller237||520|
|1.5.2-pl0||Mar, 09 2011||thekiller237||2,286|
|1.5.1-pl0||Mar, 07 2011||thekiller237||319|
|1.4.0-pl||Jan, 09 2011||thekiller237||476|
|1.3.1-public||Nov, 11 2010||thekiller237||556|
|1.2.0-public||Nov, 02 2010||thekiller237||506|
|1.3.0-public||Oct, 27 2010||thekiller237||353|
|1.1.0-public||Sep, 27 2010||thekiller237||417|