About Multilingual Products for Commerce
Commerce_MultiLang brings multilingual products to Commerce on MODX. Multilingual Products are a custom product type, and can be selected when creating or updating a product. They behave the same way as a regular product only they also carry easily editable translations.
This is the first major release after a refactor. The extra in alpha state previously did a lot of different things and it was decided to focus solely on multilingual products. You can still see the old alpha version in the "old" branch of the github repo.
- Make sure Babel and LangRouter are already setup and working. http://jako.github.io/LangRouter/
- You'll need different contexts for each language. These should have been set up when you were installing Babel and LangRouter.
Make sure friendly URLs and friendly alias paths are turned on.
- Install via the MODX package manager.
- Set the default language key in the default_lang system setting.
- You can then create products of type "Multilingual Product".
- Translations available to you are dependent on which contexts you have with a cultureKey.
New in Multilingual Products for Commerce 1.0.0
1.0.0-pl is a complete refactor. Do not upgrade from the alpha version. This needs a fresh install.