Major new release with many new features (see Changelog).
NewsPublisher presents a modifiable form for creating new resources and editing existing resources in the front end of a web site. The NpEditThisButton snippet is also included, which displays a button to launch NewsPublisher for the current page.
NewsPublisher responds to the MODx security permissions for a page. Users without the appropriate permissions cannot create or edit pages they are not authorized to access.
You can now have multiple edit buttons on a single page and can place edit buttons in the Tpl chunk of getResources or any other aggregator snippet.
New in NewsPublisher 1.3.0-rc2
- Fixed bug with name of TextArea Tpl chunk
- Better error messages
- Improved security
- Fixed critical bug with multiple RTE areas (thanks Markus)
- Added NewsPublisher policy and policy template
- Now handles both file and image TVs; preview for selected images
- Updates for MODX 2.2
- Implemented custom captions property
- Support for ResourceList TVs
- Added 'aliasdateformat' property for formatting the date suffix
- Removed hasimagetv, imagetvwidth, and imagetvheight properties
- Display some fields as lists (template, classkey, contentdispo)
- Datepicker TV: now supports date ranges, disabled dates and disabled days
- Internationalization of invalid date message
- Tweaks to template chunks to allow consistent CSS styling
- Only loads required Tpl chunks
- Many bug fixes, code simplification, and cleanup
- Fixed bug with FileTpl
- Fixed serious bug with TV values for TVs not shown in form being lost due to bug in MODX resource update processor
- Fixed bug with user-supplied CSS file
- Updated DatePicker to V5
- Better International dates (thanks to mschlegel)
- Fixed bug with forward to new page
- Updated Translations
- Revised Edit button to allow multiple buttons on a page (thanks to mschlegel)
- Better handling of presubmit errors - no form shown