A simple commenting system for MODx Revolution, complete with a backend management interface, threading support, moderation, notifications, and more.
Users who have overridden the default chunks in their installs may need to update those chunks to include a few new hidden fields, including reCaptcha support and threading support. You will also need to add a call to the QuipReply snippet to show the reply form.
New in 0.5.1:
- Added Russian translation
- Fixed bug where double quotes broke commenting
- Added "Latest Comments" tab to mgr ui
- Replaces MODx tags with entities in comments
- Properly format improperly submitted website field
New in 0.5.0:
- Added Comment Moderation
- New security layer, Access Policy based
- Notification email to moderators
- Usergroup-based moderatorship
- Single parameter-passed moderator usernames
- Allow 1st-time-only moderation to comments
- Allow users to see their unapproved comments
- Allow notification to users when their comments are approved
- Batch actions on Comments (incl. approve/reject)
- Fancy new mgr UI for viewing comments
- Auto-close thread on X date or X days after current resource's publishedon date
- Auto-convert URL links to html href tags.
- Does not actually delete comments; just set deleted flag
- Redid styling
- Added Gravatar support
Note: After installing, you will need to "Flush All Sessions" (Security - Flush All Sessions) to reload the new Access Policy for the manager interface. See official documentation here: http://svn.modxcms.com/docs/display/ADDON/Quip
Install via Package Management, then go to Security - Flush All Sessions. Re-login, and the new security policy will be loaded.
New in Quip 0.5.1
There are no release notes for this version.