A simple commenting system for MODx Revolution, complete with a backend management interface, threading support, moderation, notifications, and more.
Users who have overridden the default chunks in their installs may need to update those chunks to include a few new hidden fields, including reCaptcha support and threading support. You will also need to add a call to the QuipReply snippet to show the reply form.
Note that upgrading to 1.0.0 changes the markup a bit; comments are now in ol/li tags rather than just divs. If you want to revert back to the old style, set &useMargins=`1` in your Quip call.
New in 1.0.0:
- Now no longer any need to mirror calls in QuipReply in threaded comments; pulls from original QuipReply call on source page
- Emails for moderators now have direct moderation links within them to approve/reject a comment
- Comments are now threaded properly with ol/li tags
- Added disableRecaptchaWhenLoggedIn property to QuipReply that defaults to true which skips recaptcha for logged in users
- Added dontModerateManagerUsers property to QuipReply that defaults to true which skips moderation for users logged into mgr
- Snippet properties are now i18n compat
New in 0.5.1:
- Added Russian translation
- Fixed bug where double quotes broke commenting
- Added "Latest Comments" tab to mgr ui
- Replaces MODx tags with entities in comments
- Properly format improperly submitted website field
Note: After installing, you will need to "Flush All Sessions" (Security - Flush All Sessions) to reload the new Access Policy for the manager interface. See official documentation here: http://svn.modxcms.com/docs/display/ADDON/Quip
Install via Package Management, then go to Security - Flush All Sessions. Re-login, and the new security policy will be loaded.
New in Quip 1.0.0-rc2
There are no release notes for this version.