About SEO Suite
SEO Suite 2.0 combines the power of three extras, SEO Pro, SEO Tab and SEO Suite v1 into one powerful SEO extra. Not only have these three extra's been combined into one, but the codebase has gone through a large refactor and some great new features have been added.
A custom panel dedicated to your focus keywords, meta title and description has been added, where you can view and switch between Google/Yandex previews or viewing the desktop or mobile preview. All search engine related properties have been gathered in a separate Search engine tab. A new tab "Social" has been added where you can manage the metadata used by Facebook and Twitter.
- Preview Google/Yandex search results on desktop and mobile
- Manage search engine visibility (noindex, nofollow)
- Manage internal search engine behavior
- Manage your Google XML Sitemap(s)
- Manage social media previews for Facebook using the Open Graph protocol and Twitter Cards markup
- Manage 301 redirects
- Automatically generates 301 redirects when changing a resource URL
- When someone visits a non-existent page (404) on your website, the URL will be automatically added to SEO Suite so you can redirect it to an existing page.
- SEO Suite comes with a Dashboard widget, showing the 10 newest SEO Suite URL's
- It is possible to import a .csv file containing 404 URL's and then search for redirects inside only one (related) context. This comes in handy for multilingual websites.
- To get more specific redirect suggestions, you can exclude words from the matching system. Pay attention: when you add words to exclude after a .csv import, you might need to refresh the suggestions by clicking your right mouse button on the relevant 404 URL and choose 'Find suggestions'. After doing this, it will be refreshed.
- Block certain redirects from being saved by adding blocking key words to system settings.
For more information please view the readme.
Install the extra via the MODX Package manager.
New in SEO Suite 2.0.5
Changelog for SeoSuite.
SEO Suite 2.0.5
- Automatically add a 301 redirect when a resource is moved
SEO Suite 2.0.4
- Fix wrong image URL in custom media source #35
SEO Suite 2.0.3
- Skip arrays to avoid tons message in the logs #15
- Fix displaying meta keywords #21
- Replace attribute name to property for og:-metafields #25
- Add russian lexicon #28
SEO Suite 2.0.2
- Fixed issue which caused rich text content fields to break #4 #5
SEO Suite 2.0.1
- Fixed issue which didn't set the alternate placeholders properly
- Fixed keyword counter issue in combination with Ace
- Fixed issue which didn't save the new url when creating a new redirect
- Fixed incorrect formatted URL during SEO Tab migration
- Added system setting for marking alternate link as x-default
SEO Suite 2.0.0
- Combined SEO Tab, SEO Pro and SEO Suite v1 into one powerful extra
- Added a dedicated SEO panel
- Added Social tab where OG and Twitter meta tags can be managed
- Improved search engine preview
SEO Suite 1.2.3
- Removed license check
SEO Suite 1.2.2
- Added some missing Dutch translations
- Fixed issue with incorrect redirect-cleanup script path
- Improved Dutch/English descriptions
SEO Suite 1.2.1
- validate URL's before saving them
- Able to block URL's from being saved as redirect by system setting
SEO Suite 1.2.0
- Added redirect created date
- Added redirect triggerd count & last time triggerd date
- Added cleanup cronjob which removes unresolved redirects which are older then 1 month and have been triggered just once
SEO Suite 1.1.2
- Added indexes for improved performance
SEO Suite 1.1.1
- Modstore/modmore compatibility
SEO Suite 1.1.0
- Add limit to redirect suggestions shown in grid
- Add SeoSuiteUrl and try to find matches when OnPageNotFound is triggered and no SeoSuiteUrl object is found
- Add dashboard widget with 10 latest SeoSuite URLs
- Detect CSV file delimiter on import
- Add option to limit matches to related context of URL
- Update find suggestions method to add redirect when one match is found
- Add search by ID to resource combobox
- Add system setting (and cmp field) for excluding words from suggestion matching
- Add suggestions combobox to update url window
SEO Suite 1.0.1
- Fix find-suggestions response message to notify if more than one redirect match
- Fix getSeoTabVersion function to check for correct package_name
- Fix grid getlist to show only first 10 redirect suggestions to prevent processor timeouts
- Fix url update processor to not break when not using SEO Tab as redirect handler
SEO Suite 1.0.0
- Initial release.