SiteDash gives you an overview of all your MODX sites, including information about your installed MODX version and installed extras, server details, and key configuration. The SiteDash Client package facilitates the secure communication between SiteDash and your site.
SiteDash can remotely, with just a click or two:
- Upgrade your MODX core
- Upgrade third-party extras
- Analyse your error log
SiteDash also monitors for problems. If it detects something you should know, it sends you an an email notification. Some of the things it checks for include:
- Running vulnerable version of MODX or packages
- Core folder left unprotected
- Setup folder not removed
- Disk space usage is approaching the limit
- Error log is huge
To use the Client, you need to create a SiteDash account first. See plans and pricing here. Next, login, and create a new site in the dashboard. That will provide you with the Site Key that you need to enter when installing the client package.
New in SiteDashClient 1.4.1
SiteDash Client 1.4.1
Released on 2021-06-09
- Provide the installed MODX version alongside the version according to the filesystem for better upgrade checks [#233]
- Greatly reduce the verbosity of the upgrade and backup compression log in the dashboard, instead writing a verbose log locally to core/cache/logs/
- Make sure an upgrade is marked as failed if the MODX setup does not indicate success [#142]
- Improve detection of invalid PHP executables (command line command being interpreted as web request or too old version) [#240]
- The sitedashclient.php_binary system setting will now take precedence over the automatically identified executable, to allow resolving issues with invalid PHP executables - only hardcode this if you cannot run the MODX remote upgrade without it!
- Increase upgrade timeout from 60 to 90 seconds
SiteDash Client 1.4.0-pl
Released on 2021-04-28
- Implement alternative approach to counting removed stale sessions to workaround https://github.com/modxcms/revolution/pull/15393 and allow SiteDash to make scheduling decisions for MODX versions before 2.8.2
- Add extra parameter to the refresh endpoint to skip the session health check. SiteDash may use this in combination with a separate session gc call if refreshes timeout due to large session tables.
- Prevent fatal error in session gc on unsupported environments (PHP < 7.1)
SiteDash Client 1.4.0-rc1
Released on 2021-02-13
- Allow the client to run the PHP session garbage control remotely
- Client now provides session-related server configuration values which the dashboard can use to determine if it should run the session garbage control