Keeps you up to date with your MODX version information.
WHAT'S NEW IN THIS VERSION?
Updater now includes Managed Update Information, which warns you about security updates necessary for your system, and some bug fixes and tiny enhancements.
Updater contains a dashboard widget which shows to you both the update status of the core and of your packages enriched with Managed Version Information from SEDA.digital. Also included is a mail notifier which can send notifications about core updates, package updates or installs and an information digest.
Just install it and place the updater widget to your dashboard - it will then show you the status of your system. Only users with 'sudo' or 'system_perform_maintenance_tasks' permission will see the widget. To make use of the notifier functions, you have to tweak the updater system settings.
Slack: https://modxcommunity.slack.com/ , Channel #extras
New in Updater 0.4.1-beta5
UPDATER - the universal update notifier0.4.1-beta4 (20170407)
- show Managed Update Information (MUI) from SEDA.digital
- added policy and policy template to updater installation
- if multiple consecutive core versions are found, show only first and last in widget with dots between
- fixed warning message on cache clear (not necessary and confusing in gitify & co)
- namespaced some CSS to avoid collisions with moregallery
- removed spinner in favour of CSS animations
- Scrollable packages list container for more than 4 available package updates
Also see forum thread for basic support and more information at https://forums.modx.com/thread/96613/
You can also ask questions at the Slack channel #extras in modxcommunity.slack.com. Use the keyword "Updater" in your question.