Important: Always back up your site before upgrading.
UpgradeMODX installs a dashboard widget that alerts you when there is an upgrade to MODX available -- and installs it for you!.
When there is an upgrade available, UpgradeMODX will show an "Upgrade MODX" button. Clicking on the button will show a form where you can select the version of MODX to install. Once you've selected a version, you can click on the "Install" button to launch Setup.
When Setup is finished, you'll be back in the Manager using a new version.
UpgradeMODX should work on any installation of MODX except the SDK version. That includes versions with renamed and/or moved directories.
The Beta version has been working fine for me on a number of different sites, but most are localhost installs. It has not been tested on a variety of platforms and might not work for you. That's your job. ;)
The minimum version listed below is a guess.
New in UpgradeMODX 1.3.0
- Fix bug with blank screen when both cURL and allowurlfopen are disabled
- Fix bug in test for cURL
- Refactor unZip code
- Add forcePclZip property
- Improve error handling
- Public Launch
- Fix issue with version list
- wrap class in if (classexists)
- Use PclZip if ZipArchive is not available
- Improve reliability of ZipArchive extraction
- Fix bug with sorting when plOnly is false
- Fix bug with missing setup directory
- Add settime_limit(0) in loop
- Fix spurious error in resolver
- Form and doc updates
- Fixed bug with earlier versions of PHP
- Initial Version