VersionX is a simple versioning Add-on for MODx Revolution.
It utilizes a plugin to store resource data to a seperate table whenever a resource has been edited, and allows you to view specific details, compare revisions and restore a revision.
Since the first alpha, VersionX has seen many improvements, however you should be careful installing this on a production server. I'm pretty sure it's working properly and wont damage your site but it's your own responsibility!
Changelog VersionX alpha3:
- [#13] Added a few more lexicon strings, improved some error handling, improved code readability
- [#4/#6/#14] Updated grid list processor for usability (date formatting, boolean is now yes/no, editedby (and similar) now gives users full name, template shows template name..
- [#11] Increased width of modal windows. Moved content to its own tab in view details window.
- [#10] Rewrote processor request for restore to make it functional again.
- Renamed processor files to lowercase to prevent it from failing.
- [#15] Removed slash for better path handling (smooth-graphics)
- [#9/#15] Better distribution of columns in main grid (smooth-graphics)
- [#10] Remove mention of an overview from lexicons
- [#17] Added changelog to the installer / build
- [#13] Changed modified/created/restored values to lexicon references.
Features in 1.0 Alpha:
- Basic resource versioning includes settings and resource fields. TVs are not yet supported.
- Easy viewing of revision details through the VersionX page (Components->VersionX)
- Easy comparison between one revision and the prior one
- Restoring resources to an earlier state
- Internationalization (i18n) through the use of lexicons, currently including English and French.
Please see the roadmap on RTFM to see what features are planned, and check Github for the latest development and bugs.
New in VersionX 1.0-alpha3
There are no release notes for this version.