VersionX is a versioning utility tool for MODX Revolution that will help you keep track of your content in Resources, Templates, Chunks, Snippets and Plugins. Every save is recorded and can easily be looked back and compared through the component.
NOTE: VersionX 2.0 is a complete rewrite and is NOT compatible with VersionX 1.0. You will be able to create a snapshot of all your existing content into the new 2.0 tables, however you cannot re-use any data stored in the old 1.0 table structure.
NOTE2: Currently you can only restore resources with a single click, however as time allows this will be extended to the rest of the versioned objects. I welcome pull requests or donations to keep the ball rolling.
New in VersionX 2.0.0-rc3
VersionX 2.0.0-rc3, July 8th 2012
- Add Plugins UI to the component and as tab on the plugin update panel.
- Add Snippets UI to the component and as tab on the snippets update panel.
- #32 Fix E_NOTICE error in VersionX.checkLastVersion possibly causing install/save issues.
- #27 Fix resolvers preventing proper uninstall
- Re-align form buttons and tiny bit of UI cleanup.
- #31 Fix action bar and VersionX component in IE
- #29 Fix issue with empty grids until applying a filter in 2.2.4.
VersionX 2.0.0-rc2, May 28th 2012
- Add Recent Resource Changes dashboard widget for 2.2+.
- Add Chunks UI to the component, and tabs to the update panel.
- Change TV grid to follow same column order as others
- Change object field behavior from searching on IP to searching on name
- Add versions tab to template variable update screens.
- #22 Make sure the cache gets cleared when reverting a resource.
- #26 Fix critical issue handling static resources.
- #24/#9 Added German translation (Thanks @exside!)
- Fix "upd" message being logged to the error log.
- Added Russian translation (Thanks Ivan Klimchuk!)
VersionX 2.0.0-rc1, May 3rd 2012
- Initial release of complete rewrite.